Please, do not make a MMO!

Discuss the game with fellow players

Post 23 Jun 2013, 17:46

Please, do not make a MMO!

Please!
IG2 was such a great game that it's already a shame that it hasn't a successor. Do not transform it in an MMO, it was such a pleasure to play it. We don't need another always-on, Internet-required game to play!

Post 14 Jul 2013, 11:19

Re: Please, do not make a MMO!

xeon wrote:Please!
IG2 was such a great game that it's already a shame that it hasn't a successor. Do not transform it in an MMO, it was such a pleasure to play it. We don't need another always-on, Internet-required game to play!

I second that!

Post 16 Jul 2013, 06:05

Its sort of too late for that....

the only good news from this perspective is that it wont be an MMO in the traditional sense of what you would normally think of when you do think about MMOs... The x4 gameplay is going to be there, and everything we endured about IG2... It will probably be more closer to how Sim City is as aposed to a traditional MMO. It could be like Dawn Of Fantasy as well, which has the MMO part, but then there is a offline singleplayer mode as well, which was very briefly touched on here in the forums where SP might not be available at the start, but they plan on release the game in segments, instead of waiting years for a game before we can actually play it... but we'll see how it turns out... I'm not crying to an MMO, theres already SO MANY out there and its generally not the first thing I think about or associate with Strategy games, but I'll wait and see how the game is first before I start judging on it.... I'll give them a chance to do us right by the game because this game is an underground cult classic, it has a HARDCORE following, and they will be shooting themselves in the foot before they even begin if they mess with that formula which made IG2 one of the greatest strategy games ever made.

Post 24 Jul 2013, 02:19

if MMO! then do it right =)

MMO in form of "buy once play forever" like with Guildwars, would be ok

but when it becomes pay to win aka free to play with item shop, motivation to invest any time

and paying a regular monthly fee ... no thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
endless grinding games also would be just boring
-------------------------------------------------------------

but :)

if you can somehow safe your empires after playing and get back into the game next time you got time, perhaps even chose a neighbouring starcluster of a friend where you continou playing(please no guild/clan system) and chat messages only if you have researched that stuff and the language of teh dude you want to contact or he you otherwise less communication is more relaxing.

race creation with good traits which cost points and bad traits which gain you some points?
heroes?
artifacts?
tech trees with race specific or race trait specific techs?
uniq drive tech like in SotS?
Diplomacy&espionage?
3D Galaxy view? jump points between galaxies ? 1 Galaxy 1 server?
Trade?

Mega Structures ... Stations are small, how about Orbitals and Dyson Spheres consuming astroid belts, Gas Giants, Baren planets in teh making of them?

"SIMPLE" research & ship design? wherby the research should give us tough choices so we need to pick and choose and also not everyone would be even aible to every option to pick from.

random events and news?
--------------------------
-------------------------
well the stargazer teaser sadly crashed but i am looking forward for your a playable alpha or beta, let me know when you need a tester.

Post 24 Jul 2013, 16:33

If there is going to be stations, then you'll want the SPACE STATIONS massive...... Nothing quite like seeing all your resources well spent on something that is just an EPIC sight to see, something just completely and absolutely MASSIVE that orbits your planets............

Return to Game Discussion