Imperium Galactica Stargazer: MMO?

Suggestions regarding gameplay go here!

Post 20 Mar 2013, 22:25

Re: Imperium Galactica Stargazer: MMO?

novakiller wrote:@ eccy, can you give us any more details on weather or not this game is going "play" like? will be like X3:Reunion or EVE-Online like? or like how IG2 was, but in an mmo setting? city building/simulation? ground and space battles etc? any more info would be greatly appreciated

Each new installment of the game will add an extra dimension of "play" to the mix. You can loosely say that each new installment will change the gameplay completely. Try to think away from the traditional sense of game development where there is one core gameplay and features are all added content - instead try to imagine that each new installment adds core gameplay. It's a bit difficult to imagine without having a hands-on example, I agree. Hopefully I'll have some more news or a more set outlined concept soon :)
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 21 Mar 2013, 01:10

ok thats fine, and i understand that this is still in the very early stages of development, but i would love to see some concept art if you guys to folk out some of that? :D :D

even though this is still an MMO i'm still really damn hyped about this, and I do trust DR, amazing work when it comes to space RTS games, without a shadow of a doubt, simply the best i my book so i have lots of faith in what you guys are going to complish here...

Post 21 Mar 2013, 11:03

We've got some concept art that will be posted to the Facebook page, this is the first one -> http://on.fb.me/XrCXut
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 23 Mar 2013, 21:17

EXCELLENT!!!! that looks superb!!!! now thats what im talking about, having the ability to build up your civilizations and planets like that !!!! hell yeah!!!

Post 11 May 2013, 18:08

The demo looks fantastic, really impressive. I'm very happy that the Imperium Galactica title hasn't been forgotten, because IG2 was the game that made me interested in the 4x genre. It's also great to hear that it's being improved, but as the others mentioned, it would be the best if the game contained single player campaigns as well. I think that's what could make the game spread among greater masses, especially among the fans of the previous IGs. Improvement is great, but I'm certain that a lot of players would be more than happy to be able to play against VIs as well, just like in good ol' times.
So, my question is - is it going to have an offline/single player mode?
(Oh, and one more thing: is the company still Hungarian? Just because it used to be, and I wondered...)

Post 15 May 2013, 11:36

Welcome Ropee! Please read our Q&A section(http://bit.ly/XVDg3J), I cannot tell you more yet. No offline mode planned actually.
(And yes, the company still Hungarian. :) )

Ropee wrote:The demo looks fantastic, really impressive. I'm very happy that the Imperium Galactica title hasn't been forgotten, because IG2 was the game that made me interested in the 4x genre. It's also great to hear that it's being improved, but as the others mentioned, it would be the best if the game contained single player campaigns as well. I think that's what could make the game spread among greater masses, especially among the fans of the previous IGs. Improvement is great, but I'm certain that a lot of players would be more than happy to be able to play against VIs as well, just like in good ol' times.
So, my question is - is it going to have an offline/single player mode?
(Oh, and one more thing: is the company still Hungarian? Just because it used to be, and I wondered...)
Best regards,

Your forum staff
Previous

Return to Suggestions