Staying to the CORE of what Imperium Galacica is

Suggestions regarding gameplay go here!

Post 02 Mar 2013, 19:09

Staying to the CORE of what Imperium Galacica is

I think this quite important.... and would like to know just how people on these forums actually want this. If anyone read my other posts in here, you'll know I'm very much for staying true to what IG is, and sticking with the RTS style game as apposed to going off into new directions with the universe, there are so many MMO's out there now, almost every other game that comes out is basically a new MMO, Sim City for example, who would have thought THAT could ever possible be an MMO? lol...

If this game was to stay as an RTS, all bit a space RTS-MMO is pretty important, i think its universally wanted on these forums as well as one the IG2 forums also. A lot of the issues with modern day RTS games is the fact they are Turn Based, which ruins a lot of the real time stuff you get with games like IG2, plus there has never been a game since IG2 that aloud you to go right down to a planets surface, and build all the civilian and defence structures like a sim game, as well as having all the space and ground battles ontop of that eco system, utterly brilliant !! I think fans want more of THIS style of gameplay as in 12 yrs still IG2 is pretty much a one-of-a-kind game, and that says a lot in the state of the whole genre as a whole.

Is there anyone else out there who also wants the next Imperium Galactica game to be a SpaceRTS? please join in this convo :D

Post 02 Mar 2013, 19:56

Re: Staying to the CORE of what Imperium Galacica is

oh ofcource, in my opinion they should make a killer RTS with colony management, fleet management, fully fleshed out research system (the best research system imo would be a procedural one) when ever you restart you have a completely new sort of tech tree, and this also faction dependent, i also think they should include the fully 3d ground combat they had in ig2, and MY STRONG SUGGESTION to the devs is the space combat.. i didn't like that in ig2 as much as i like rts combat like sots 1 and 2

handling 3d space combat in my opinion was perfect in Nexus: the Jupiter incident, the A.I however was a bit slow if they can improve on these fields that would be great!

all in all for the next imperium galactica

IG2's ground combat
-its in depth research tech tree menu
-its diplomacy type interface without delay, so if want to make a peace treaty i don't have to wait 2 seconds for the GUI to look good while going to it, quick and straight to the point
-its colony type management however to reduce micromanagement in end game there should be research field's for mega structures like Dyson spheres and Larry niven ring worlds and halo type ring world's (so when i have like 50 colonies i can just manage 1 entity per star system and maby link these star systems into provinces) with the further research into end game super weapons stemming from these mega structures like planetary annihilation module (or entire star killer's) into the ring world/Dyson sphere structure's which would make a game VERY FUN and interesting!
Nexus:TJI's fully 3D space combat with up to date visual's

a type of story line, like IG2's or no story line what so ever
Optional multiplayer

Post 02 Mar 2013, 20:41

If it was at all possible I think optional multiplayer would be good also.. the feeling is that this is going to be an MMO though... but if there was a singleplayer option that would be much better.. you bring up a good point though in having an easier way to manage all those planets, and the best way it to do a system that works similar to how Endless Space works, and thats to employ AI goverment agents that take controll of the planets economy for you, while you still say in control and stuff for those planets if you wish... just enables you to take your focus off that if you wish...

Obviously improving the ground combat would be a must, as good as IG2 was, and how it worked, the main focus was definitely in the space combat area's so this time around you would want a lot more depth in all these area's I would say.... I never actually used the dipomacy all that much, just in the inital stages get stop getting attacked then I'd just steamroll them at the end haha... As for the nexus combat, never could really get into that game, I liked how things would blow up, and the look of the combat was pretty sweet but the game mechanics of the combat I thought was poorly implemented as yes your right in the AI was a bit slow..

Post 04 Mar 2013, 06:15

^haha yeah i know exacly what you mean for nexus the A.I was dumb, im like "attack shields" but then*runs away from the ship i want to attack*

really if they could do maby a homeworld type of space combat but the explosions like haegemonia.. where the ship has all these tiny explosions until the entire thing explodes imo this really make a ship look big when it takes time for the ship to explode on death

and the reation control system on ships like Nexus would be nice

Post 04 Mar 2013, 14:28

I think they will do the explosions like that.... With how technology has improved in gaming over the last decade, they'll be able to do things that was previously thought impossible to do at the time, like hi fidelity fraphics, collision physX and HD textures along with all what has been shown in the tech demo video as well. I'd much prefer a much more IG2 style then homeworld, was never a huge fan of those games personally... You couldn't build on planets in HW.

Really wanting some more info right now, really want to see just more and more lol... there is so much potential here, its crazy to think of all the stuff they could possibly do...

Post 16 Mar 2013, 21:13

I hope Digital Reality understands that the reason why people loved & remain fans to this day is not because of the story or races of IG but because IT WAS THE BEST 4x game WE EVER PLAYED , IG II should be the definition of 4x RTS.

We all here because of the RTS and the amazing package it had that NO OTHER GAME AS YET DELIVER, Digital Reality as a loyal hardcore fanbase and has deliver a solid product in the past, they should stick with the IG 2 Formula and developed their next game taking advantage of these strengths.

Post 20 Mar 2013, 22:28

Deathmachinept wrote:I hope Digital Reality understands that the reason why people loved & remain fans to this day is not because of the story or races of IG but because IT WAS THE BEST 4x game WE EVER PLAYED , IG II should be the definition of 4x RTS.

We all here because of the RTS and the amazing package it had that NO OTHER GAME AS YET DELIVER, Digital Reality as a loyal hardcore fanbase and has deliver a solid product in the past, they should stick with the IG 2 Formula and developed their next game taking advantage of these strengths.

That is exactly what we plan on doing. But instead of doing a reboot of the old IG2 game, we want to develop the whole genre further. Each "x" has its own merits and strenghts, and thats why we want to re-examine these "X"'s and innovate them.
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 21 Mar 2013, 01:02

i have to admit, im very intriged as to what you mean by innovating the 4X gamestyle RTS... very excited to see what you guys do come up with....... Knowing what was so great about IG2, all the things it did well which was just about everything, and now pushing it forwards and onwards from that leaves me with a tingling feeling.... I do have a question though, is there anyone from the original IG2 team working on stargazer? because I think that would definitely make a lot of our minds at ease to know that parts of the same team are working on this so non of the core gameplay is lost through translation and different visions? if you get what i mean

Post 21 Mar 2013, 11:05

novakiller wrote:i have to admit, im very intriged as to what you mean by innovating the 4X gamestyle RTS... very excited to see what you guys do come up with....... Knowing what was so great about IG2, all the things it did well which was just about everything, and now pushing it forwards and onwards from that leaves me with a tingling feeling.... I do have a question though, is there anyone from the original IG2 team working on stargazer? because I think that would definitely make a lot of our minds at ease to know that parts of the same team are working on this so non of the core gameplay is lost through translation and different visions? if you get what i mean

I'll ask around, I wasn't around back then when IG2 was released (I'm a n00bie :P). But even if the original team is not there, the IG series is a big part of DR and is definitely not forgotten at all.
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 23 Mar 2013, 21:19

hehe no worries Eccy, but yeah if you could find out that would be awesome, there's got to be at least 1 person on the team who worked on IG2...
Next

Return to Suggestions