Staying to the CORE of what Imperium Galacica is

Suggestions regarding gameplay go here!

Post 24 Mar 2013, 11:41

Re: Staying to the CORE of what Imperium Galacica is

eccy wrote:
Deathmachinept wrote:I hope Digital Reality understands that the reason why people loved & remain fans to this day is not because of the story or races of IG but because IT WAS THE BEST 4x game WE EVER PLAYED , IG II should be the definition of 4x RTS.

We all here because of the RTS and the amazing package it had that NO OTHER GAME AS YET DELIVER, Digital Reality as a loyal hardcore fanbase and has deliver a solid product in the past, they should stick with the IG 2 Formula and developed their next game taking advantage of these strengths.

That is exactly what we plan on doing. But instead of doing a reboot of the old IG2 game, we want to develop the whole genre further. Each "x" has its own merits and strenghts, and thats why we want to re-examine these "X"'s and innovate them.

Lets see in what way you will innovate. Think this could be interesting. Any idea when we can expect a few screens or info update? I know its a little early yet. But I am impatient to see a few things :).

Post 24 Mar 2013, 20:18

I know what you mean Geekoo I'm impatient as well... really wanna see where their going with this :D

Post 24 Mar 2013, 23:28

We've got some concept art right now, which gets posted to the facebook page when it's done. But other than that, not much more at this point ^^.

But to pass the time, how about telling me some of your ideas on how to innovate the 'X's' ?
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 25 Mar 2013, 02:30

eccy wrote:We've got some concept art right now, which gets posted to the facebook page when it's done. But other than that, not much more at this point ^^.

But to pass the time, how about telling me some of your ideas on how to innovate the 'X's' ?

Its definitely an interesting concept... especially when your put into an MMO environment but going from whats been said already I would start with X-Explore. There is so many ways you can do this, this is probably the easiest one to innovate first. You could have multiple instanced galaxy's where you send colony ships through, sort of like wormholes if you like spread through the known playable universe, depending how big and how you plan to have everyone inside the universe i think you said it wasn't going to be a persistence mmo world which would save ppl from getting wiped out when their not even online i guess, so that would make sense. You would need to research the technology to develop the hyper drives and the structure integrity hulls to withstand wormhole travels, as well as developing the technology to find them in the open galaxy. Inside these instanced galaxys, is where you go hunting/searching/expanding for new technologies, raw resources, and combat, you could have storylines interacting with planets, asteriods, derelict space stations that exist inside these instanced galaxy's giving players almost an endless amount of playability for a never ending amount or lore and exploration.

With the IG: Stargazer being such a huge MMO universe, obviously you are going to bump into people, wage wars, and form alliances, and with these actions, you could have some coop play that involved multiple players to take part in, sort of like a random event set in a certain location on the universe map where everyone rushes to, and you could have that random event be anything your creative mind can come up with, from finding and fighting an ancient race, to discovering brand new planets, so you would have to bring you colonization or terrorforming ship with you, black hole events where you all get warped into a galaxy instance, and only a few of you survive to reach the other side, but would take a lot of you to even make this happen, like 2 ppl may not make it all the way through to the other side, where as 4 or 5 players allianced together, would have more of a chance, and may discover some sort of new tech or points to spend on the micro-transactions store or something.

Post 02 Apr 2013, 22:21

novakiller wrote:i have to admit, im very intriged as to what you mean by innovating the 4X gamestyle RTS... very excited to see what you guys do come up with....... Knowing what was so great about IG2, all the things it did well which was just about everything, and now pushing it forwards and onwards from that leaves me with a tingling feeling.... I do have a question though, is there anyone from the original IG2 team working on stargazer? because I think that would definitely make a lot of our minds at ease to know that parts of the same team are working on this so non of the core gameplay is lost through translation and different visions? if you get what i mean

First off all, thank you for the question cause it gave me a reason to ask about the DR "lore" so to speak. After asking around, here is the story so gather close ;)

In the beginning when DR was founded, there was a group of core members. These members could also code and such, but for IG2 there were more teammembers added to the team, as is common with big projects like these. Life in the hectic world of game development is turbulent and some team members eventually moved on, just like for any other company or project. Some left the gaming industry completely, which is again not unheard of for any field of work.

But, the ties to the project are strong, and to this day we still have people who were on the IG2 project that work internally in DR. The original members who are still in the neighbourhood support the project by working for DR externally as contractors on the new IG game. The original (BAFTA award winning) composers for IG made the music for our IG:Stargazer teaser for example.

So you see, eventhough the original team is not there in it's old form, we definitely have people around who know the IG series and actively developed them at the time, and we have added fresh new talent to the team too. In many ways, the team reflects the way we want to develop the new IG game: mixing the old with the new so we can evolve the game into something better.

I hope this answers your questions and eases your mind a bit ^^
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 04 Apr 2013, 19:01

eccy wrote:
novakiller wrote:i have to admit, im very intriged as to what you mean by innovating the 4X gamestyle RTS... very excited to see what you guys do come up with....... Knowing what was so great about IG2, all the things it did well which was just about everything, and now pushing it forwards and onwards from that leaves me with a tingling feeling.... I do have a question though, is there anyone from the original IG2 team working on stargazer? because I think that would definitely make a lot of our minds at ease to know that parts of the same team are working on this so non of the core gameplay is lost through translation and different visions? if you get what i mean

First off all, thank you for the question cause it gave me a reason to ask about the DR "lore" so to speak. After asking around, here is the story so gather close ;)

In the beginning when DR was founded, there was a group of core members. These members could also code and such, but for IG2 there were more teammembers added to the team, as is common with big projects like these. Life in the hectic world of game development is turbulent and some team members eventually moved on, just like for any other company or project. Some left the gaming industry completely, which is again not unheard of for any field of work.

But, the ties to the project are strong, and to this day we still have people who were on the IG2 project that work internally in DR. The original members who are still in the neighbourhood support the project by working for DR externally as contractors on the new IG game. The original (BAFTA award winning) composers for IG made the music for our IG:Stargazer teaser for example.

So you see, eventhough the original team is not there in it's old form, we definitely have people around who know the IG series and actively developed them at the time, and we have added fresh new talent to the team too. In many ways, the team reflects the way we want to develop the new IG game: mixing the old with the new so we can evolve the game into something better.

I hope this answers your questions and eases your mind a bit ^^

Yes it did quite a bit actually wasn't expecting a big responce like that, and it was how I figured for the most part, ONE thing I have to say, the music for the I-pad trailer Making of Perihelion was absolutely stunning!!! and hope to keep that quality of music going forth into the new game. I actually expected next to non of the original team to still be at DR, in any form, knowing that there are still parts of the original team there, thats brilliant, because they will add their input where they feel they need to im sure :D :D

Thanks eccy for finding all that out... appreciate it

Post 06 Apr 2013, 09:06

For me is best IG one style or like Reunion.
IG was good mainly see perfect animations.
But in IG one i love when move in interior of my command ship. And i love Thoirin flag ships.

For me is important good ship designs, perfect research tree, strong story and interaction.
Not ingame interaction but as movie.
Yes it is harder to make. But i like see game as not only fun but also as work of art.

Haegemonia was big mistake and step in black hole. Intro animation and when play demo i was been impersed, but when i play game i was been deeply disapointment.
I still have original CD and boxes, Reunion, IG one and IG2.

But best ships and gaming impresion i saw in Nexus. But disapointing was been that there is no ship and bases buildings, research.

Post 07 Apr 2013, 06:19

Manfromstars wrote:For me is best IG one style or like Reunion.
IG was good mainly see perfect animations.
But in IG one i love when move in interior of my command ship. And i love Thoirin flag ships.

For me is important good ship designs, perfect research tree, strong story and interaction.
Not ingame interaction but as movie.
Yes it is harder to make. But i like see game as not only fun but also as work of art.

Haegemonia was big mistake and step in black hole. Intro animation and when play demo i was been impersed, but when i play game i was been deeply disapointment.
I still have original CD and boxes, Reunion, IG one and IG2.

But best ships and gaming impresion i saw in Nexus. But disapointing was been that there is no ship and bases buildings, research.

Yeah nexus though a fantastic game, it was just a space command simulator really, it became something quite different from the IG universe, though it originally started out as a IG game, when it was taken over, it ended up being something very different. Missing all the key elements that make a good Space RTS/4X game like base building, planet building, researching and exploration (I could go on). Haegemonia legions of Iron was a game I had significantly mixed feelings about because the graphics were improved on quite a bit then what IG2 was, and the gameplay switching between galaxy's and portals was really kool and interesting, mining was something new as well, but it had zero planet customizations, the only thing you had was the massive space stations which was by far the best component of that entire game. Space stations was amazing, the way they broke and destroyed was brilliant. Staying on IG though, must have massive amounts of planetary interaction like IG2 had, the planets are the most important part of any space game ever made, yet all games give you next to zero functions to do with them, its the one thing you see everywhere in space games yet they dont allow players to do anything with them, you view them, you have a research screen and population screens, and some might even give you a some stupid grid for you to "place" stuff for the planet... zero interaction what so ever and nothing on the same lines as what IG2 did with its planet interaction.
Previous

Return to Suggestions