First suggestion for the game!

Suggestions regarding gameplay go here!

Post 13 Feb 2013, 21:53

First suggestion for the game!

My only suggestion would be:

simply take the formula you had in imperium galactica II.
This game was perfect!!!
The best 4x ever made. And I played a few I can tell you.
Enhance graphics, a few more options , nice ship design and mod tools.

***I specially enjoyed the espionage part.***

:P

Post 14 Feb 2013, 11:55

Re: First suggestion for the game!

And of course SOLO PLAY as well as multi :twisted:

Post 14 Feb 2013, 13:46

yes i have to suggest that imperium galactica 2 with nexus: TJI's graphics or better, a good ship builder or editor like sword of the stars, music like ig2 and nexus, i love the interface style in ig2 and nexus

Post 14 Feb 2013, 18:55

crucial_darkness wrote:yes i have to suggest that imperium galactica 2 with nexus: TJI's graphics or better, a good ship builder or editor like sword of the stars, music like ig2 and nexus, i love the interface style in ig2 and nexus

Yes you are right.
But I really don't like sword of stars.
I love the general design of Endless space. I mean the graphics and also the ergonomy. Nevertheless the game lacks quite a few things. Often with 4x I find them very kitch in design. Either the ART or poor UI or even choice of colors and graphics.

Ship building in legends of pegasus was not a bad idea. Lacked a lot of things I guess on the side.

I am also following Novus Aeterno that looks very impressive.
http://novusaeterno.com/

I am really expecting a lot of Imperium galactica IV.

Post 14 Feb 2013, 22:41

Wow thanks for all the suggestions, it is really appreciated. Good to see people who love the Imperium Galactica universe as much as we do!

Keep those suggestions coming, we're keeping a close eye on the forums ;)
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 15 Feb 2013, 07:08

are you kiddin me??, sword of the stars one and two destroy's legends of pegasus and enless space's ship designer, in endless space some of the ships look like prehistoric canoo's 2000 years ago, please dev's if you're making a new ig game make the ships looks stylized and suiting for the time (the FUTURE!) not just a boat/cannoo in space, nexus did it quite well and had some good alien designs as well, so did ig2, 3D ship designers are the best! ,

ok imagine this.., this may be too much to implement but how about having a 3 d ship designer like spore instead it scales from small ships to larger battleships, have weapon placements and modules on these ships, having a 2 d top down block designer is imo too tedious and boring, it should be 3 d, where you make an actual ship or just pre-made ships where you can attach hard points and modules

research in the form of weapons, politics, economy, resources, armor, shields, diplomacy, colonisation, medicine, maby endgame stuff like orbitol bombardment weapons or planetary destruction weapons or destroy an entire star

to make handling your colonies easier you should involve megastructure technology like dyson spheres, ringworlds, so you can manage star systems easier by using up all the planets in a star system to build a dyson sphere/ ring, there for you gain extra population, production and a major boost to your economy while managing less.

Post 28 Feb 2013, 20:58

crucial_darkness wrote:are you kiddin me??, sword of the stars one and two destroy's legends of pegasus and enless space's ship designer, in endless space some of the ships look like prehistoric canoo's 2000 years ago, please dev's if you're making a new ig game make the ships looks stylized and suiting for the time (the FUTURE!) not just a boat/cannoo in space, nexus did it quite well and had some good alien designs as well, so did ig2, 3D ship designers are the best! ,

OK you are perhaps right, but still I do not like the general design in sword of stars they look kitch and "oldish"...
I think the best ever for me would be Homeworld. The general feeling, design, campaign. The concept art you can find on the web made by fan and modders is really incredible !!!

Post 01 Mar 2013, 00:31

geekoo wrote:My only suggestion would be:

simply take the formula you had in imperium galactica II.
This game was perfect!!!
The best 4x ever made. And I played a few I can tell you.
Enhance graphics, a few more options , nice ship design and mod tools.

***I specially enjoyed the espionage part.***

:P

Just Perfect ;)
please don't envelope an only on-line version, and second don't do a game with turns in battle or in the story mode,
I always think the game was perfect ,cause you had a view of the space, and a view for the planet and build structure while time go on...
so keep the formula you had ;) !!

Post 01 Mar 2013, 06:20

OK you are perhaps right, but still I do not like the general design in sword of stars they look kitch and "oldish"...
I think the best ever for me would be Homeworld. The general feeling, design, campaign. The concept art you can find on the web made by fan and modders is really incredible !!!

oh ofcource, home world is beautiful, i have played both 1 and 2 and finished 2, no. 1 i finished the "gardens of kadesh" mission and seriously that game is Emotional!
yeah very ambient and atmospherical game!

Post 01 Mar 2013, 08:01

OK!! this is what I signed up to the forums for... sadly its taken me about 4 days to actually be able to post, and now I'm going to be as active as I can be on here....

I think we can all safely say, that, we are hoping, and PREYING that this is going to be another SpaceRTS game like IG2 was.... Now, this post will be long and I apologize for that, but I'm so passionate about this game I have so much to say so I hope you all will bare with me here because this game could be one of the best things to come out to the PC gaming community for the best part of 10 years, so bare with me ;)

Ok, Imperium Galactica 2 was simply the best SpaceRTS game of all time for a couple reasons, 1) you had some extensive ship customizations that had never been seen before in a game (at the time), 2) the planet interaction on the scale that was shown in IG2 had never been done before, and has never been done since!! This is one the most important game mechanics that was in IG2 without a shadow of a doubt! being able to zoom right down into the planets, build all the structures that we could, AND having a few tanks, and ground units to BOOT!!! to help defend the planets from invasion forces, this still has not been done to this very DAY!!! it actualyl BOGGLES my mind that not one single game since IG2 has come EVEN REMOTELY close to the complexity of this type of colonization in a SpaceRTS game in over a DECADE!!! 3) all the tech levels, back in the day, there was next to none in other games that had the extensive research IG2 had, and separated tech trees for buildings / ground units / Space units. Lets not forget the space combat as well, having to really think about how you were going to fit your ships, if you didn't, you'd loose them EASIERLY!! lol

These 3 elements combined into a truly immersive and fully interactive gaming experience left all other games in this whole genre to waste away. With more recent games such as Sins Of A Solar Empire and Sword of the stars 2, as fairly good games as they are, lack the depth, and feel that IG2 gave us. There is next to ZERO!!!! ............ZERO!!!! planet interaction at all... click something on a menu for a planet.. yay.. GREAT!!! there is no viewing right down into the planet surface.. manually placing buildings WHEREVER you want, and see it grow.. never lone all the weather conditions that IG2 had AS WELL!!! What sins does do well though is the combat, but for me, the mods are what make that game, the out-of-the-box gameplay is really quite dull without the mods, and what Sword Of the Stars 2 does well, is the graphics engine and ship designs, REALLY wacky, but so cool to look at, and the research tree is insanely complicated which is really awesome, but the gameplay again, so dull, lacking so much everything else and again missing any sort of planet interaction at all !!!

Now, I've been playing IG2 for a VERY long time, I believe I was the first one to play it where I lived at the time, and I remember me and my dad just in complete AWE over all the cinematics that was in that game, so well done for its time it took YEARS for anything to compete with those cinematics... I've struggled to get the game working on the newer OS's since windowsXP but the love for this game runs deep! i've always made it work somehow even on win7. I like to say its a game thats followed me since i was like 20 yrs old (now 32 lol) I was thrilled at that OLD IG III tech demo long long time ago before it got canned and then taken over, and turned what we all know as Nexus: Jupitor Incident. Was so bitterly disapointed with what happened to that. I've been waiting a very long time for something to come a long and re-do the magic and mind blowing gameplay of IG2 and now we are upto Stargazer....

I've read that Stargazer is more of a possible extension of the whole Imperium Galactica universe and all what it can bring, and I have to admit, this does scare me a little, because there is next to no really REALLY good SpaceRTS games out there, not really !!! nothing in the same league as IG2 is, even today, try find a game that had the planet interaction of IG2? you'll find none!! not even Hagemonia legions of Iron series even had that, and that was made by the same people!! A lot has to be said about IG2, but im scared and worried this is going to be another X3-Reunion game, or X-rebirth first person space shooter because this genre is just about to get completely full, last count there is about 6 of these types of games comming out, X-Rebith / Elite Dangerous and Star citizen just to name a few, and this type of game really isn't what I personally would like from an Imperium Galactica game. IG is a legend in its own right, it should stay as an RTS and bring in all what made IG2 so frakking amazing which even to this day no other game in the past 12 years has even matched half its gameplay.
Next

Return to Suggestions