The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Discuss the game with fellow players

Posts: 8

Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 23:59

Post 24 Mar 2013, 10:07

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Es sind nur leider nicht mehr die Leute da, die Imperium Galactica 2 gemacht haben.
Soweit ich das jetzt mitbekommen habe.
Das sollten auch nur beispiele sein, wie in etwa Raumschiffe aussehen könnten, wenn mal die eigen kreativität nachlässt.

http://smirnovartem.deviantart.com/art/Tactical-cruiser-147179359

Ich bin ja froh das DR mal wieder was in richtung Science-Fiction macht.
Nur hab ich in vergangenheit zu oft schon schlechte Spiele gesehen.


It just no longer the people are there, the Imperium Galactica did the second
As far as I now realize.
It should also only examples, how could look like spaceships, even if the self diminishes creativity.

[url] http://smirnovartem.deviantart.com/art/ ... -147179359 [/ url]

I'm glad the DR again in the direction of what makes science fiction.
I've only seen in past too often had bad games.

Posts: 12

Joined: 13 Feb 2013, 21:15

Post 24 Mar 2013, 11:37

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Godan72 wrote:Es sind nur leider nicht mehr die Leute da, die Imperium Galactica 2 gemacht haben.
Soweit ich das jetzt mitbekommen habe.
Das sollten auch nur beispiele sein, wie in etwa Raumschiffe aussehen könnten, wenn mal die eigen kreativität nachlässt.

http://smirnovartem.deviantart.com/art/Tactical-cruiser-147179359

Ich bin ja froh das DR mal wieder was in richtung Science-Fiction macht.
Nur hab ich in vergangenheit zu oft schon schlechte Spiele gesehen.


It just no longer the people are there, the Imperium Galactica did the second
As far as I now realize.
It should also only examples, how could look like spaceships, even if the self diminishes creativity.

[url] http://smirnovartem.deviantart.com/art/ ... -147179359 [/ url]

I'm glad the DR again in the direction of what makes science fiction.
I've only seen in past too often had bad games.



I really do like those examples. Nice design.

Posts: 5

Joined: 20 Mar 2013, 22:42

Post 24 Mar 2013, 19:57

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

novakiller wrote:not really quite sure what your getting at there Godan, because all the stuff thats been released about Imperium Galactica Stargazer, is really just in the design stages right now for the most part anyway, its no where near what the final game is going to end up looking like, it was concept and showcasing parts of what the engine is actually capable of, not what the game is going to look like.... Only the shaun williams stuff you linked was anything of any quality as well, the rest looked old and dull... You'd be better off linking stuff from Battlestar Galactica to be honest or the carrier video from Chris Roberts' "Star Citizen". I think you might not be understanding what type of game IG Stargazer is either, its not a 3rd or 1st person space shooter like X3: Reunion or Star Citizen, its a 4X Real Time Strategy, and an MMO as well, so the types of details that you are wanting would be extremely hard to pull off in an RTS thats online. Digital Reality are excellent at creating spaceship models, have some faith in their ability to pull this off correctly because I think we're all going to be quietly supprised how good this game might actually be.

As a side note, I really do hope Digital Reality do produce some breath taking visuals to make use of high end PCs, high fidelity and physics would be MUCH a welcome! with good levels of destruction on things like space stations ect....


Novakiller is right, Godan72. That video is only to give us an idea of how powerful the engine of the game is. The final game will be quite different from what we saw in the teaser.

Posts: 12

Joined: 13 Feb 2013, 21:15

Post 24 Mar 2013, 22:45

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Captain Jack Garner wrote:
novakiller wrote:not really quite sure what your getting at there Godan, because all the stuff thats been released about Imperium Galactica Stargazer, is really just in the design stages right now for the most part anyway, its no where near what the final game is going to end up looking like, it was concept and showcasing parts of what the engine is actually capable of, not what the game is going to look like.... Only the shaun williams stuff you linked was anything of any quality as well, the rest looked old and dull... You'd be better off linking stuff from Battlestar Galactica to be honest or the carrier video from Chris Roberts' "Star Citizen". I think you might not be understanding what type of game IG Stargazer is either, its not a 3rd or 1st person space shooter like X3: Reunion or Star Citizen, its a 4X Real Time Strategy, and an MMO as well, so the types of details that you are wanting would be extremely hard to pull off in an RTS thats online. Digital Reality are excellent at creating spaceship models, have some faith in their ability to pull this off correctly because I think we're all going to be quietly supprised how good this game might actually be.

As a side note, I really do hope Digital Reality do produce some breath taking visuals to make use of high end PCs, high fidelity and physics would be MUCH a welcome! with good levels of destruction on things like space stations ect....


Novakiller is right, Godan72. That video is only to give us an idea of how powerful the engine of the game is. The final game will be quite different from what we saw in the teaser.


If I remember well the teaser is simply a technical teaser.

Posts: 12

Joined: 13 Feb 2013, 21:15

Post 24 Mar 2013, 22:54

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

I have to admit that at the moment I am not that impressed with the technical aspect of the game "motor".
But I am sure it will look much better than what I have tested. :)

Posts: 78

Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 19:28

Location: Nebraska, USA

Post 24 Mar 2013, 23:07

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

I was never able to get the interactive teaser to work sadly... but i did see the video which i believe is what the interactive teaser is....
User avatar

Posts: 72

Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 16:37

Post 24 Mar 2013, 23:39

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

geekoo wrote:I have to admit that at the moment I am not that impressed with the technical aspect of the game "motor".
But I am sure it will look much better than what I have tested. :)


The teaser was just as it is named - a little tease for what is to come :D. We are definitely developing it further, I gues you could say that in the traditional development cycle sense it could be seen as a pre- alpha. We could've kept it internal, but we wanted to share it with you guys :)
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Posts: 78

Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 19:28

Location: Nebraska, USA

Post 25 Mar 2013, 01:00

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

I liked the tech teaser... I thought it clearly showed a vision and didn't think it looked that bad actually if im being honest...
User avatar

Posts: 72

Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 16:37

Post 25 Mar 2013, 23:54

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Oh, totally overlooked this post, my bad!

Captain Jack Garner wrote:I understand what are you saying, but if IG: Stargazer only have "parts of the lore", this will not be sufficient to maintain my interest in the game, believe me. Like I said before, I only play games with a storyline - and the only MMO I know (and for which I have some interest) with a decent plot is SW: TOR. :|


So if the storyline would be even better than SW:TOR, you wouldn't mind the MMO aspect? ^^
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Posts: 4

Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 23:51

Location: Hungary

Post 27 Mar 2013, 00:21

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Hello, this is realy new thing for me, i gwroved up with the IGI series and i found this new game, is it realy true, the series countinues? How and where ,when can i apply for a tester or when we be able to play?
Thanks your answer and time !
PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron