The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Discuss the game with fellow players

Post 09 Mar 2013, 09:47

The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

First of all, thanks a lot for clearing up some stuff, and posting some new information we can all sink our teeth into, digest, and give some feedback... for those that haven't seen it yet its under the announcements section...

A little disappointed its turning into an MMO, but I can understand when you describe how you want to develop the game, i can see that your only choice might be to only have it as an mmo. Mixing the 4X genre with a new mix of spice does sound very appealing even though in a MMO setting it'll be interesting to see how you develope this into that so long its not another eve-online like game. I would very much like have a solo option though, forcing people to do multiplayer in all my experiences with MMOs, do not do very well when the optional singleplayer experience is not there, yes being part of a huge universe with 100s or 1000s of people is great to be apart of, but I think the game would have to be developed in such a way, that people aren't fixed on that. Making it so we can actually do our own things to develop our empires or what not without the burden of non stop PvP all the time. I made some suggestions in the feedback section about how to possibly implement an Imperium Galactica MMO properly without destroying the core franchise.

I do like the free-to-play option, this of course means your doing the DREADED micro-transactions I didn't want haha but thats ok, if the games free-to-play i'll forgive you for that :D

the interactive trailer demo from what I saw from the released video was as I personally expected, a demo to show off a small portion of the tech the engine can achieve, it already looks really impressive and I am preying you are going to implement LAND AND SPACE battles as was in IG2.. I think this has to be a design descion that is extremely important if you want to have any hope in keeping any of the core fans that loved the IG series as a whole, otherwise I feel you are going to loose us fans, and just gain different types of players that just appeal to the masses like every other mmo. This could be something very special indeed, but you have to tread extremely carefully here in this MMO grey area.

im glad your going to have some of the IG2 races... and I expected it not to follow IG2 storyline, as its already been stated you guys want to go into a different direction anyway, AND this game isn't called Imperium Galactica III.....

Post 09 Mar 2013, 22:15

Re: The Imperium Galactica Stargazer Q&A Post

Thanks for the feedback :)
We know solo gameplay is a big thing ,as is the space and land battles. But be sure that this development style will be a journey of years, and the game will change with each installment. It doesn't mean however that these things will be available in the first installment, or right away.
Code of Conduct --- Forum rules --- Website

--- Conquering the universe one post at a time ---

Post 15 Mar 2013, 18:48

thanks for the responce eccy! Yeah i figured from the other posts you left that you plan on doing a feature style release for things, simularly to how eve-online throw out their new content for the game, adding things every several months or so. I'm glad you are aware that a lot of people do like the solo playing element, just remember to give players the choice which hardly any MMOs do, usually either "forced" pvp or coop play.

Post 20 Mar 2013, 22:30

novakiller wrote:thanks for the responce eccy! Yeah i figured from the other posts you left that you plan on doing a feature style release for things, simularly to how eve-online throw out their new content for the game, adding things every several months or so. I'm glad you are aware that a lot of people do like the solo playing element, just remember to give players the choice which hardly any MMOs do, usually either "forced" pvp or coop play.

Yeah, we're well aware of the solo play element. Seeing how we will release the game, solo play will not be there from the start, but since this development process will span quite some time, there is enough room for it in the future. Though we will not be adding content with every installment, instead we want to redefine the core gameplay completely.

Post 20 Mar 2013, 23:46

eccy wrote:Thanks for the feedback :)
We know solo gameplay is a big thing ,as is the space and land battles. But be sure that this development style will be a journey of years, and the game will change with each installment. It doesn't mean however that these things will be available in the first installment, or right away.

Hi, I'm Brazilian and I have some things to say about this matter: Solo /Single Player gameplay is useless if we don't have a epic plot for the game. And I play games for the same reason that other people watch movies in DVD/Bluray/theaters or read books - because I love a good story. Multiplayer gameplay? Achievementes/ Trophies? Leader boards? These things means nothing to me. And the "plot" of the great majority of MMOs usually is nothing more than a pathetic excuse to people waste time in PvP... :(

Post 21 Mar 2013, 11:13

Captain Jack Garner wrote:
eccy wrote:Thanks for the feedback :)

Hi, I'm Brazilian and I have some things to say about this matter: Solo /Single Player gameplay is useless if we don't have a epic plot for the game. And I play games for the same reason that other people watch movies in DVD/Bluray/theaters or read books - because I love a good story. Multiplayer gameplay? Achievementes/ Trophies? Leader boards? These things means nothing to me. And the "plot" of the great majority of MMOs usually is nothing more than a pathetic excuse to people waste time in PvP... :(

Depends, there are many MMO's out there that focuss more on open world principles or sandbox (like GW2 for example). Not all MMO's are into PvP only. That being said, there will be parts of the lore coming back into the game, just not the original storyline of IG2.

Post 22 Mar 2013, 01:58

I understand what are you saying, but if IG: Stargazer only have "parts of the lore", this will not be sufficient to maintain my interest in the game, believe me. Like I said before, I only play games with a storyline - and the only MMO I know (and for which I have some interest) with a decent plot is SW: TOR. :|

Post 23 Mar 2013, 10:27

Langsam aber sicher kommen mir Zweifel ob das ein gutes Spiel wird.
Wenn das so aussehen soll wie im Vorspann eures Forums dann wird das nichts.
Dann taugt weder die Grafik-Engine was, noch die Physik-Engine.
Hätte man nicht ein gescheites gerendertes Video machen können. Dieser Grafikstil gefällt mir überhaupt nicht.
Zu Bunt und die Raumschiffe sehen einfach schrecklich aus.
Raumschiffe sollten sich bewegen als wären sie wirklich im All.
Mir kommt es so vor als währen das Amateure die das gemacht haben, zumindest im Künstlerichen bereich.
Hier mal nen Beispiel wie kommende Computerspiele aussehen sollten.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1WYIt0FVw&feature=youtu.be
Wenn Digital Reality dem Stil von Bang Bang Racing, Sine Mora und Sky Drift beibehält, dann wird das nichts.
Da müssen Profis ran die dieses Genre lieben. Das Internet ist voll von guten Leuten die das besser können.
In den letzten 10 Jahren konnte ich ziehmlich genau vorhersagen was für Spiele Floppen und bei dem neuen Projekt habe ich kein gutes Gefühl.
Man sollte vielleicht erst ne richtige Grafik und phsik-Engine programmieren bevor man sowas anfängt.
Es gibt genug schlechte Spiele in dem Genre, alle samt scheiterten wegen dem schlechten Stil und der schwachen Umsetzung.
Und macht nen Spiel für ältere diese Casualisierung tut der PC Spiele Branche auch nicht gut.

Slowly but surely, I doubt if that will get a good game.
If you want to look like the opening credits of your board then it will not work.
Then good for neither the graphics engine which, even the physics engine.
Could not they can make a clever rendered video. This graphic style I do not like.
To stained and the spaceships look just awful.
Spaceships should move as if they were really in space.
To me it seems as though During the amateurs who have done that, at least in the artistic area.
This should even look like coming NEN example computer games.
[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1WYIt0 ... e=youtu.be [/ url]
If the Digital Reality style of Bang Bang Racing, Sine Mora and Sky drift maintains, then it will not work.
Because professionals have ran who love this genre. The Internet is full of good people who can do that better.
In the last 10 years, I could predict exactly what ziehmlich for games and flopping on the new project, I do not feel good.
Maybe you should just have a real graphics program and phsik engine before you start something.
There are enough bad games in the genre, including all failed because of the bad style and the poor implementation.
And makes NEN game for older this casualization does the PC gaming industry also not good.

Post 23 Mar 2013, 14:29

Hier noch ein paar andere Beispiele wie ein Spiel auszusehen hat, was anders kommt mir auch nicht mehr auf die Festplatte.
Selbst wenn ich noch 10 Jahre darauf warten muss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x3Q1ZkDIos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlh9bfPTBNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKZREoIiDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76-kvZz8gs

So lang Computerspiele aber noch so aussehen, wird es mit dem Genre nichts mehr.

http://www.krawall.de/web/picture/id,5/type,game/content,7524/

Wer will so ein Mist spielen, die Grafik sieht aus als käme sie aus dem Kindergarten meiner Tochter.
Ich frage mich wer sowas entwickelt und ob die jemals selbst ihr eigenes Spiel spielen würden.
Entweder ich produziere gleich was episches, sowas wie es Chris Roberts zu Zeit versucht, oder ich lasse es bleiben.

Here are a few other examples to look like a game that has something else to come to me any more to the hard drive.
Even if I have to wait another 10 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x3Q1ZkDIos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlh9bfPTBNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKZREoIiDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76-kvZz8gs

As long as computer games but still look like it is nothing more to the genre.

http://www.krawall.de/web/picture/id,5/type,game/content,7524/

Who wants to play such a crap, the graphics look like they came out of my daughter's "kindergarten." Children Garden :)
I wonder who developed something and even if that would ever play their own game.
Either what I produce the same epic, something like Chris Roberts tries to time, or I'll stay there.

Post 23 Mar 2013, 21:12

not really quite sure what your getting at there Godan, because all the stuff thats been released about Imperium Galactica Stargazer, is really just in the design stages right now for the most part anyway, its no where near what the final game is going to end up looking like, it was concept and showcasing parts of what the engine is actually capable of, not what the game is going to look like.... Only the shaun williams stuff you linked was anything of any quality as well, the rest looked old and dull... You'd be better off linking stuff from Battlestar Galactica to be honest or the carrier video from Chris Roberts' "Star Citizen". I think you might not be understanding what type of game IG Stargazer is either, its not a 3rd or 1st person space shooter like X3: Reunion or Star Citizen, its a 4X Real Time Strategy, and an MMO as well, so the types of details that you are wanting would be extremely hard to pull off in an RTS thats online. Digital Reality are excellent at creating spaceship models, have some faith in their ability to pull this off correctly because I think we're all going to be quietly supprised how good this game might actually be.

As a side note, I really do hope Digital Reality do produce some breath taking visuals to make use of high end PCs, high fidelity and physics would be MUCH a welcome! with good levels of destruction on things like space stations ect....
Next

Return to Game Discussion